Entry 8 - Thoughts

So I've been working on two things which are kind of overwhelming.

There's the remaking of the pcb and the modeling of pieces for an AR model of the NMR we are building. The modeling is being done from scratch on tinkercad. Hassel has explained what most of the components are so I have an idea of what to build next, but I think I'll need more help identifying what is what.

Along with the modeling, I have to start researching what is actually happening in the whole process of the NMR reading the chemical makeup of whatever is inside of it. When I have a step-by-step understanding of what goes on, I think modeling will get easier because we can display it like a movie. For example, there will be a current going through the coils which makes a magnetic field. That in itself is a small animation that can be done to show the electrons flow through the coils and make a field. But that's as far as I know. What happens after the field is created? How is the chemical makeup of the sample actually being measured?

The modeling itself is easy- it can be time consuming, but it isn't too too hard. It's just all this backup stuff that is slowing it down.

I started the modeling halfway through getting my pcb checked out by Hassel. I still need to update my pcb and look over his to make sure they're both the same. The list I have in Entry 4 is still on-going and needs to be done. The modeling and brainstorming for that has kind of taken over my pcb updates.

Most of all- I'm scared to touch my pcb because it started getting weird and connections weren't being made. I thought I figured it out, but Hassel confirmed that those connections haven't been made. So I've been kind of avoiding looking at it as well. I'm scared that those connection problems are going to happen to every edit I make towards the pcb I make now and in the future. I did try to search it up and I found the 'alt' solution, but there was nothing else. I really hope it works. If not, I'll just check over Hassel's original pcb schematic very carefully to make sure all the connections are in place since I'm more familiar with the board now. I'm also leaning towards having it all on one circuit for simplicity.

Needless to say I'm a bit stressed and becoming unmotivated, but hopefully I can jump back on the pcb first and get Hassel to recheck it and then work on the modeling. 

Oh, I'm also curious as to if Grace and I have to make a poster of our work. We end research at the beginning of August, so we only have about a month.. I'll put that in Slack just to ask. It shouldn't be that hard to put together a poster. It'll be like a little timeline of where we started and the progress we made with the pcb plus the AR stuff! It is kind of exciting to make posters, so I kind of hope we are making one!

Comments